The “Big Easy”… New Orleans, LA. We’d been there once before as a porting city for a cruise years ago, and fortunately got a taste of the city overnight before we embarked. As we approached the holidays this year, we wanted to take a short winter vacation while things were quiet, and decided to take a trip BACK to New Orleans, and experience it all for much longer.
New Orleans is such a pretty place to go during the holidays! The weather was perfect, the decorations were up, and honestly it wasn’t overly crowded. We spent a few days, walking around, eating lots of (excellent) cuisine, and more.
Some highlight of our vacation activities:
- National World War II Museum – highly recommend for museum go-ers!
- Cemetery Tour
- Walking around French Quarter
- Listening to street performers and musicians
- Getting your Tarot Card reading on the square
- Escape Room – we escaped 2 out of 2!
- Christmas in New Orleans
Things we know for next time:
- Visit the Jazz Quarter for more jazz clubs
- Don’t be sick and have to be drugged up on DayQuil
- Do a river tour/dinner